Sunday, February 19, 2012

Winners x 5 - February 19, 2012

And the winners are...


Blood and Bullets (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter 1) by James R. Tuck - Ended February 14, 2012 - Read the interview here.


Question:  Who is/are your favorite monster slayer(s)? (books, movies, etc.)

Pamk who said:

I love Gin Blanco from Jennifer estep. She's not your typical monster hunter but she definitely kills them.




In the Service of the King (Vampire Warrior Kings 1) eBook by Laura Kaye - Ended February 15, 2012 - Read the Guest Blog here.


Question: Tell me how important covers are in your decision to read a book and/orif you have a favorite part of this cover?

Because the original winner (Sophia Rose) has already received a copy of 
In the Service of the King 
(and kindly let me know), a new winner has been randomly chosen:

Rebe who said:

Yes, the cover is very important, especially if I'm browsing for books online or in a store! I tend to pass over books with unprofessional looking covers, because I wonder if the rest of the book will be equally as bad (perhaps unfair of me).

I love the photo of the castle at the bottom of this cover - I think it makes it stand out among the HQN Nocturne covers I've seen, since usually they just have a photo of the couple on the front, nothing else.




Shadow Highlander (Dark Sword 5) by Donna Grant - Ended February 16, 2012 - Read the Guest Blog here.


Question:  Why do you love historical romance, and who are some of your favorite authors?

Leah Weller who said

I am so glad that I subscribed to The Quillery! I am finding so many new to me authors that I'm almost squeeling about it :)
When I opened my email and saw you were here and started reading about you and your books I felt like you were speaking from my heart. I have such a love for anything medieval. My wordpress name is leahluvsmedieval, lol! I've used that name for years with other things too. My love for historical romance came from the first romance book I read. Kathleen Woodiwiss The Wolf and the Dove. That one book changed my life. It started me down a road of wanting to learn all I could about the medieval period. I feel like I cannot soak enough in. I have such an inner pull for England, Wales,and Scotland that I can't even begin to put it into words. I think the only ones who understand it, are the ones who have that inner pull themselves. It's deeper than words. I have often thought that I was born in the wrong century. One day, my soul will find it's way back home. I love historical romances because for a short time, I can escape back and enjoy the ride that the author takes me on, with their characters. As for favorite authors, Sue-Ellen Welfonder/Allie MacKay, Karen Ranney, Diana Gabaldon, Sandra Hill, Alison Weir, Heather Graham/Shannon Drake to name a few. I could sit here and go on and on. From the sounds of your books, it seems you may soon be on that list too :) I am suprised at how many good authors/books there are out there that I had no clue about. Donna, thank you for this interview and giveaway and I have added your books on my wishlist. Beautiful covers, btw. The cover Gods have been sprinkling happy dust your way.




Vengeance Born (The Light Blade 1) by Kylie Griffin - Ended February 17, 2012 - Read the interview here.


Question:  Who is/are some of your favorite strong heroine(s)? (books/comics/TV/movies)

Mel who said

In TV my favourite heroine has to be Buffy - she just changed the world for me. Books-wise I would say Kate Daniels has grown so much since the series started.




Empire State by Adam Christopher - Ended February 18, 2012 - Read the interview here.


Question:  Who or what are your favorite superhero(es) or supervillain(s)?

rissatoo who said

As a young girl, my fave superhero was Wonder Woman. But as an adult, lately I find myself partial to Iron Man. (I have a bit of a RDJ crush...)

Enjoyed the interview and am looking forward to the book.

rissatoo

P.S. I seem to love ellipses... LOL




The winners have been notified and have until 11:59PM US Eastern Time on Sunday, February, 26 2012 to respond or The Qwillery will very randomly pick a new winner or winners.

Thank you to all!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks Sally - Vegeance Born is one books I've wanted to get my hands on for ages! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats everyone! Some great covers in this bunch.

    ReplyDelete